THE RED PILL

DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION ON EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT AND RACE

For those who choose to do the work---the first thing that we are going to do is to teach ourselves about the word etymology. In order to do this in a correct manner, there are some minor things that must be accomplished. 1st  thing for us to do---get over knowing without knowing---whatever you have been taught in school is not what we are doing-get over believing what your saviors have told you, because, it is not what we are doing. The process that you will learn is an aspect of learning how to learn and you are going to learn how to teach yourself.  YOU are going to learn how to fish for yourself so that you will not have to trust another to know for YOU.  This is the only way that you will come to have the power to feed yourself. 

Please go to your dictionary and look up the word etymology.  Please make yourself familiar with this word.  Start by reading the definition.  From here, go to the dictionary guide or how to use the dictionary and read what it tells you about the science that is known as “Etymology”.  As we precede, we will at a later time enter into dialog about definitions and meanings, this will be important but we will have to wait. Look up the words etymon and also logy. 

Please post comments about what you find and this will allow us to move forward.

B.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The more that you DO this will allow you to see all kinds of things that have been right in front of you all of the time.

As you do this for yourself more and more will reveal and uncover what will manifest as real revelations. Good LucK/Bon Chance--B.

I recall getting "happy" in church when the organ played and the preacha sang in cadence, "He is the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end..."  As embarrassed as I am now that I grew happy over the preacha sangin these words, I'm just as equally glad that I have grown beyond being a good cretin.

Seems really silly to dance and shout about "ox" and the "great O."

Dr. Black, for me this is where I ought to have been a while ago. I will pursue where this topic takes me for I am interested following your lead. I am committing to do the work. Thank you.  Joe

let me know when you have caught up on your reading material so that I can send (or give you more that I have for U).

Once we discuss with each other some of the basic fundamentals then we will enter into the discussions at the class!

B.

I will let you know when I am caught up, Dr. Black. I will allocate time, 3-5 days a week, to catch up starting tomorrow, Monday May 9, 2011. And the same schedule may be required stay current with my studies.  Thanks.  Joe

Brother Bell, Namaska!!!

Only a few are committed to "doing" the work and less than a few who are willing to learn to do the work in a "correct" manner. My interactions are devoted to those very few.

B. 

OK DR. BLACK I HAVE LOOKED THESE WORDS UP , AND WHEN I CAME TO SPIRIT, IT KIND OF TOOK ME FOR A LOOP, I REALLY DIDNT KNO IT HAD TO DO WITH ALCOHOL, IT GAVE ME SO MANY DEFINITIONS TO THAT ONE WORD, AND AM LIKE SO WHEN I HEAR PEOPLE USE THAT WORD NOW I HAVE TO QUESTION IN WHAT CONTEXT OR THEY TALKING ABOUT, NOT TO MENTION GHOST (OPTIC, TELEVISION) THEN HOLY, IT IS SPECIALLY RECOGNIZED AS OR DECLARED SACRED BY RELIGIOUS USE OR AUTHORITY, WELL WHO'S AUTHORITY? AND WHY DO I HAVE TO ACCEPT IT? THEN I LOOKED UP RELIGIOUS AND CAME ACROSS SUPERSTITION AND HOW THE TWO ARE REALATED THEN AS WELL WITH BIBLE , IT SAYS IT IS A COLLECTION OF SACRED WRITINGS THE NEW AND OLD TESTAMENT, THEN IT SAYS ONLY THE OLD TESTAMENT, THEN IT SAYS THE WRITINGS OF ANY RELIGION,AND IT ALSO SAYS ANY BOOK ACCEPTED AS AUTHORITATIVE, SO WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY THESE THINGS, I THINK THAT WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT  WE THINK WE KNOW. I SEE THIS IS A WAY TO CONTROL,A PERSON TO COME UP WITH WAYS TO PUT PEOLPE IN BONDAGE  WITH WORDS SO I GUESS NOW UNDERSTANDING THESE WORDS WILL SET A PERSON FREE MENTALLY!
@Shante>it has been said "above all things get understanding" but this is only a stepping stone towards Feedom---there is a stream of water that must be crossed in toto before a person can attest to being in a condition or state of mental wholeness and freedom.  Keep doing what you are doing and you will travel thru the stream and stand on the far bank of reality. Peace Lord!

Well how long does it take to master this stuff?

Will I ever be complete?

How will I know when I have moved from one stage to another?

Will I have to start all over again?

If I have not been reading what have I been doing all this time?

Are you suggesting there are different levels of reading?

How can I identify what reading level I am at currently?

Why can't I just pick the definition that best fits the situation or question?

Isn't just all semantics or word play?

Perhaps I can take a stab at the first questions you posed in this article, and it may answer both the first and the second questions. First I don't think that one can master "this stuff" because language is evolving on a continuous basis. Terminology in the fields of technology, industries, lifestyles, and other aspects of our lives are changing as each seconds passes. New words are invented at least as fast; Most languages are evolving with the changes just spoken of. Consequently the change in language will keep most of us busy for the rest of our lives.

So, I don't see our studies in the Dictionary Class as some day we will arrive at a certain place and we will be caught up, nor some place that we will arrive and that is it, we have mastered "this stuff". I consider this a journey and one can stay with the wagon, the horse and buggy or T model Ford. But many of us don't want to continue that same ole ride because sooner or later they will stop manufacturing parts for those vehicles. Many of us buy new vehicles every year; at the same time many of us learn to get understanding, just as we are doing, and we pass that on to our children. Now if we really want to leave a legacy for our children, we can teach them how to learn and know for themselves like Dr. Black is telling us to know and do.

So, to many other questions that were asked the answers will come when we involves ourselves in, "doing the work", as Dr. Black continues to encourage us to do. 

And certainly if we can get on board, yours truly included, we ought to see dramatic changes in our outlook and attitude. 

If etymology is so important why didn't they teach it in school?

What advantage will I have if I learned etymology?

How can this help my children?

Ho will I know if this stuff really works?

Are you saying I am dumb just because I don't know anything about etymology and epistemology?

These are indeed the questions Dr. B. spoke of last evening!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Adisa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service