THE RED PILL

DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION ON EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT AND RACE

The words SPARE THE ROD-SPOIL THE CHILD are not found in any BIBLE.  Not found in the TORAH-NOT FOUND IN THE VULGATE LATIN BIBLE-NOT FOUND IN THE GREEK SEPTUAGINT NOT EVEN FOUND IN THE KING JAMES "VERSION" OF THE BIBLE, and notice the word version.  You can find the words where they were first written, in a poem, that was written in the 17th century by the poet Samuel Butler.  The title of the poem is HUDIBRAS and it is concerning the English civil war.  Please do the work and check for yourself. How and why people have come to know and BELIEVE the elephant manure that would cause them to beat on children is another story that we must investigate. This is just, the finger pointing. You must do the work for yourself.

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did that too,..I asked the question anyway for another reason.
N, you may want to look up the word beat. Every form of lashing, beating, spanking, swatting, paddling a child is an act of violence.
The information that is found in this thread was mentioned at the Weds nite class and so here it is-----please follow and do the research for yourself......(B).
If a learner will not follow the finger when it points then that one is not going to look and if one does not look then it will be impossible for that one to SEE. (B).

If anyone(S) really want(s) to know then that one must come to realize THAT, it is not going to be easy!!!!!!!.If there is interest in ACTUALLY knowing something about this-then-I will post more information, and, the poem and we can attempt to discuss.

(B).

In a poem written by Samuel Butler one can find the origins of the phrase "Spare the rod and spoil the child".  Even though the phrase is often believed to be a biblical injunction about raising children (probably as a corruption of 'Book of Proverbs' 13:24, the phrase has its actual origins in Hudibras wherein the context is a metaphor suggesting the best way (at that time) to curtail amorous passions, or, through double entendre, to prevent conception.

(B).

@ Al ---I am not sure what you are asking and so I am going to assume that you are refering to the poem---go to WP and put either spare the rod and spoil the child or Hudibras into the search and that should provide u with the go-----also will post the poem in the next short while.....(B).
Mr. B is it in on the blog?

Conversations that happened in class on 6-26-2013 regarding "Hudibras", cause us to come back to this post, please learn this information in a way so as not to ever forget how to engage the subject.

B,

Also, if you are truly interested in the subject you may want to find a copy of "Discipline, Violence and the African American Child".  The book was written by Clifford Black.

This is investigative research that was submitted by Joe D. Bell, it may be helpful.

B.

http://starbeacon.com/nationalnews/x134987111/Spanking-linked-to-co...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Adisa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service