THE RED PILL

DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION ON EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT AND RACE

In other words, how do you ‘FEEL’, (for real), about the information that you have learned, about what you think you know, about the subject that you call RACE?

What are YOUR feelings, emotions and physical impressions about this issue? There are four recognizable emotions that are said to be universal: 1.anger 2.joy 3.sadness and 4.fear. Let us discuss these emotions, as best that we can, and what may be going on with us as we are constantly surrounded by this activity in our everyday lives.

Here is what I know to be a true example coming from my own existence and observations. When I was a young person I was both fascinated and repelled by the issue of race. The race; that I was told, that I belonged to always seemed to be behind the eight ball and I found myself always trying to explain my experience of being a black man. The feelings always seemed to be filled with frustration, confusion and shame! However, the emotion I most demonstrated and would always find myself showing was anger. At least I didn't feel as ashamed or confused when I was angry. Those feelings are now, (I think) mostly, in the past. I have since put in a lot of work to work through and change my feelings of frustration, confusion, shame and subsequently, my ANGER.

Once I uncovered the nonsense, the deceit of what race is, and more particularly what race is NOT, the emotions gradually and certainty began to reconstruct. I feel joy, and power, in being exactly what, (even more) who I am. I sense freedom in knowing, that I know, that no one can label me unless I allow it to happen by living (Being) those labels. I now know the freedom that comes from not labeling anybody and not allowing anyone to label me. I can say that I DO feel wonderful about myself. I love freedom and free people.

How about you? What do you feel?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It may be wise to try to figure out for yourself "what is going on", with this strange talk about a subject that people know so little about.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Adisa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service