THE RED PILL

DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION ON EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT AND RACE

This is an interaction that can help those who are in the process of learning, TO LEARN how to learn:

Hello good people,

Here are a few inquiries to help us get started-------PLEASE RESPOND 

*How do you know what you think you know? What techniques and methods did you use in order to true, for yourself, what you know? What does it mean to “true” something?

*What is the difference between knowledge and belief?

*What does it mean to say that “knowledge is power”? In what way is knowledge power?  How does knowledge empower the knower?

*(How) does belief empower the believer? Why are we so often instructed to believe others (e.g. teachers, parents, preachers, politicians, and other “authority” figures?)

*What is autocracy, and how is it accomplished?

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Namaska B,

1. I know what I think I know from reading, and listening to people I deemed knowledgeable because they were either in a position of power and authority or because they were older and assumingly wiser. I owned a series of encyclopedias when I was a child and read those; used the dictionary and encyclopedia as a reference whenever I had a question about anything though I did not use the dictionary correctly (as I am learning now), but I tried at least with no direction or guidance from another person. I also  know what I know from experiences. I rarely "believed" anything... I remember being told that at the end of rainbows were pots of gold... my question to self was why haven't these poor people that I have been raised up with never tried to find this "pot of gold"  when they were obviously in desperate need of a miracle...were they too lazy to walk to find it or were they just repeating some bogus story told to them by someone else? Hell I tried one day... I walked and walked and walked until I couldn't walk anymore... I realized then that the end of that mysterious spectrum of color in the sky was nowhere near and noone could possiblly know what was at the end of it if they never reached "the end of it" so from then on I began to look up things myself and ceased believing every word a person told me. So to true a thing I guess in essence I tested it and/or researched anything I was told and if I was unable too find or reach a solution myself... it was not "true" to me.

U were forunate to have developed the skill of question at a young age and to have been able to hold onto that capacity was more than lucky. In most cases the natural capacity for ojective epistemological behavior is forcibly removed from the childs behavior and actions.  Because people are in environments with lesser beings there can be obstructions to the mental develop of little ones. I hope what u have been able to learn in this life may be able to help some of us who were not so lucky.

I suppose I was fortunate to  develop the skill of question. I had always felt out of place and was shame to ask the questions I wanted answers to; so I was very covert in my search for knowledge; the reason I think I am very quiet to date; I don't talk I just do...additionally,  I was very imaginative...and talked to myself a lot (lol)...but I  had to be with the obstructive and nonproductive environment,poverty, hate, and uncultivated soil I grew up around...

hopefully I can help others who are willing and not resistant to change  :)  

What is the difference between knowledge and belief

Belief- state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing; tenet or tenets held by a group.

Knowledge-(to acknowledge)-the fact or condition of having  information or of being learned; the fact or condition or apprehending truth or fact; the fact or condition of knowing  something with familiarity gained through experience of association; acquaintance with or understanding of a science , art, or technique.

The above definitions lend many differences between the two concepts; one is the manner is which information is obtained. Belief is passive possession of information and knowledge is active possession- requires experience, technique or actual effort to obtain. Believers take what is given with no question or doubt. Knowers-work from questions they formulate themselves from what is given...

This will help others, who are learning, if they will pay attention!!!!!

(B)>

I am on my way to Baltimore for a few days and will have limited internet capabilities, I will be working long hours also. I do love this topic and am interested to see how it evolves by the time I get back.  Until then, peace Lords!

Mr. Mann

Peace Lord

What does it mean to say that knowledge is power. In what way is knowledge power. How does knowledge empower the knower?

Great question... I wrote a poem/song that started with the following inquiry/statement.. if knowledge is power then what's believing.. control a man's actions by controlling his thinking...

Power- [from latin potere to be powerful] a possession of control over others ; capacity to produce an effect; source or means of supplying energy

To say that knowledge is power is to say that knowledge is control; knowledge also is a means of supplying energy; one has to have energy to exist or "to be". Knowledge is a product of thinking(a conscious action) if one's thinking is controlled one's existence or being is controlled- like being tied to invisible strings from an invisible puppet master ; if one thinks and knows for self then they fuel themselves like plugging directly into a power source.. thus knowledge empowers the knower by granting control.

If u receive this message in time---please use this thread in class tonight---This is most important-(B).

Ok

NOW MAY BE A GOOD TIME TO GO TO THE BLOG TAB---PLACE OJAI IN THE SEARCH AND READ THIS AS A PART OF OUR INVESTIGATION INTO KNOWING...JUST A SUGGESTION!!!!(b)

Mein Kampf seems to outline a pretty direct approach to autocracy. In short, create or exasperate a problem. Like the current world financial crisis. The next step would be to appear with a cape on with a solution. Next blame the situation on the people that see through the bs. Then ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Adisa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service