THE RED PILL

DIALOGUE AND DISCUSSION ON EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT AND RACE

 

The Ruins of Gedi are the remains of a Swahili town located in Gedi, a village near the coastal town of Malindi in Kenya.[1]

From the 13th or 14th to 17th centuries, Gedi was a thriving community along the jungle coast of East Africa. Although no written record exists of this town, excavations between 1948 and 1958 revealed that the Muslim inhabitants traded with people from all over the world. Some of the findings included beads from Venice, coins and a Ming vase from China, an iron lamp from India, and scissors from Spain. The population was estimated to exceed at least 2500 people. These items can be found in the museum in the complex which was opened in 2000.

Views: 44

Comment

You need to be a member of THE RED PILL to add comments!

Join THE RED PILL

Comment by Clifford Black on April 17, 2016 at 9:36am

Things change as data changes.

B.

© 2019   Created by Adisa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service